- Day 01-10th Jun 2019: Arrival in Lhassa, tsf to the downtown (3650m/60km). Gang Gyen hotel on BB
You will be warmly welcomed by our Tibetan guide and driver and accompany you to the holy city of Lhasa along with the view of Bharmaputra, known as Yarlung Tsangpo in Tibetan.
- Day 02-11th Jun 2019: Lhasa sightseeing: Potala, Jokang temple and Bharkor. Gang Gyen hotel on BB
Visit Potala Palace, winter Palace of the Dalai Lama, Jokang temple, the oldest and most sacred temple of Tibet, Bharkor, the ancient Bazzar in Lhasa and the most oldest and sacred pilgrimage trail in Lhasa.
- Day 03-12th Jun 2019: Lhasa sightseeing: Drepung & Sera monasteries. Gang gyen Hotel on BB
Visit Drepung monastery, the largest monastery in Tibet and one of the six biggest monasteries of Gelukpa sect in Tibetan Bhuddhism. Sera monastery, the scond largest monastery of Tibet and it is very interesting to watch the monks debating in the monastery during your Tibet travel.
- Day 04-13th Jun 2019: Drive from Lhasa to Gyantse.(3950Mts/ 280Km ) Yuthok Hotel on BB
You will start your tour at around 9Am from your hotel and then drive towards Gyantse through 3 big mountain passes, Kampa La, Karo La, Simila respectively. Karola is the highest pass among them which is over 5000Mts with it's most beautiful glaciers, beautiful Yamdrok lake emerged as coral color from the top of Kampala pass. You will have your lunch at Nakartse country which is just between the Yamdrok lake and Karola glaciers. Visit Gyantse in the afternoon.
- Day 05-14th Jun 2019: Drive from Gyantse to Shigatse. (3900mts/ 90Km ) Mansarovar hotel 3***on B.B
Morning visit a Tibetan carpet factory in Gyantse to witness how the Tibetan Carpet is made of and then drive from Gyantse to Shigatse, visit Tashi Lhunpo monastery. After visiting Tashi Lhunpo monastery, you will walk around the monastery and finish your Kora at the foot of Shigatse Dzong where there is a beautiful local market.
- Day 06-15th Jun 2019: Shigatse-Lhatse- Ngamring Tso-Saga(4640m/440km). Guest house on BB
After breakfast, continue your Kailash pilgrimage by crossing several mountain passes including Ngamring la 4650Mts and some beautiful villages on the way. The road condition is good and it will take you around 8 hrs to get to Saga.
- Day 07-16th Jun 2019: Drive to Mansarovar-Chiu Gompa (4750m/435km). Guest house on BB
We follow the road towards Kailash in breathtaking landscapes with some beautiful Tibetan nomad camps and many animals on the grass lands.
We follow the road towards Kailash in breathtaking landscapes with some beautiful Tibetan nomad camps and many animals on the grass lands. Reaching Lake Mansarovar and Kailash, it is an amazing view of Mt. Kailash and Mansarovar lake when you see them from Chaktsalkang for the first time. You will feel extremely peaceful, calm, joyful and great when you see beautiful Lake Mansarovar and Mt Kailash right in front of you
- Day 08/17th Jun 2019: Enjoy Kailash Saga Dawa festival at Tarpoche-Dharchen. Guest house in Dharchen
The Saga Dawa festival is to commemorate the birth, death and enlightenment of Buddha Shakyamuni. Thousands of Tibetan pilgrims gather in Lhasa, circumambulate the Lingkor (Outer circumambulation), Bharkor(Middle circumambulation) and Nangkor (inner circumambulation) including the Potala Palace.They also climb to Bumpari and Gephel Utse in Lhasa to make incense and prayer flag offerings. At the same time, during the Saga Dawa festival, thousands of pilgrims and tourists also gather at Mount Kailash and they raise a great prayer flag in Tarpoche in order to pay homage to the great deeds of Buddha.
- Day 09-18th Jun 2019: Tarpoche - Dira Phuk. 18Km 5210m
Today is the first day of your Kailash Kora which is totally around 53Km. You start your Kailash Kora from Tarpoche. You will see Trulku monastery on your leftside up on the hill side during your first Kailash trek. You can also see ibex and blue sheep running in the rocky hillside while you are walking and then you will reach Dhira Phuk which was a monastery before but nowadays you can only see the ruins of the monastery as the monastery was destroyed in the cultural revolution.Camp or lodge
- Day 10-19th Jun 2019: Trek to Zutrul Phuk(4810Mts) via crossing Drolma la pass(5636Mts/15KM) Lodge on BB
Today is the second day of your Kailash trek which is indeed the hardest day during those three days Kailash trekking. You will have to climb up to the top of Drolma La pass which is 5636Mt. There will be three sloppy hike to get to the top of Drolma La pass from Dhira Phuk and then pretty steep down hill with rocky path all the way down to the Zutrulphuk valley. On the right side of the Drolmala trail, there is a small lake called Thukje Lake, meaning compassionate lake. Zutrul Phuk was the cave where Mila Repa and Nagro Bonchung debated for their religion sects and nowadays, it is a small monastery. CampZutrul Phuk was the cave where Mila Repa and Nagro Bonchung debated for their religion sects and nowadays, it is a small monastery. Camp
- Day 11-20th Jun 2019: Trek to Dharchen and then drive to Mansarovar-Baryang-Saga, 4450Mts/435. Simple hotel with shower on BB
Today is the easiest and last day of your Kailash trekking as you will trek down in the valley with beautiful distant scenery of Rakshas Tal lake. From here you will depart your Yak men and kind Yak and meet our Tibetan drivers. Continue your Mt. Kailash journey back towards Lhasa.
- Day 12-21st Jun 2019: Saga-Lhatse-Shigatse, 3900Mts/405Km Mansarovar Hotel on BB
It's in the vastness of the Changtang, Tibetan plateau, that we measure the Tibetan space from where suddenly emerge herds of gazelles or Kyang, wild donkeys
- Day 13-22nd Jun 2019: Drive from Shigatse to Lhasa (3650Mts/ 430KM ) Gang Gyen Hotel on B.B
Start your Tibet tour early in the morning and drive along the Bharmaputra river with a landscape of sandy hills, villages, and Rulak Yungdrung ling at the other side of the river. Rulark Yungdrungling is a Bon monastery in the Tsang regiong. You will have lunch in a small town called Nyenmo which is the border point between Shigatse and Lhasa . Free afternoon for shopping.
- Day 14-23rd Jun 2019: Drive from Lhasa to Lhasa Gongkar airport.(3600Mts/ 60Km ) End the trip
End of the trip